Monday, November 7, 2011

Boyfriend and I having problems with choosing how to raise kids on beliefs?

My boyfriend and I have been together since the end of March, we love each other very much and want to get married and have children some day. He strongly believes in evolution (but to where God started it) and I believe in creation (I am a Christian). We were talking about how we would raise our kids, I said I would tell our child about creationism and evolutionism, and would tell him/her why I believe in creation, but not evolution. My boyfriend said he would do the same, but he said if our child says they don't believe in evolution and don't have good, solid proof answers, he will tell our child why evolution is (to him) true until he/she believes it (he's very stubborn), he says if they stump him with a good reason why they don't believe in it then he will let them be, but he say's he's going to push them down to the needle to believe in Evolution. I would like my children to be Christians, but I'm not going to push it on them. My question is, is there any way my boyfriend and I can work this out? I love him so much and I don't want to lose him.

No comments:

Post a Comment