Saturday, November 5, 2011

How do you control anxiety towards your relatives visiting?

This is probably something I need a doctor for, but about four months ago, my in-laws made a bi-weekly habit of visiting my husband and me at our house. I was given very little notice and felt very stressed and under a lot of pressure to hurry up and clean for them. I am very into giving good impressions and coming off as a perfectionist. It harms me now to the extent that I think I must clean the house daily to prepare for their next visit, even though they haven't visited in 3 months. I spoke to my husband about their visiting so often and they altogether stopped visiting (I"m not sure if I'm the reason why or not). I live in fear with anxiety that they will come to my house and that I have no control over who visits. It doesn't help that I do not like my in-laws. They have said very hurtful things about me, tried to undermine me as a new parent and in general, into our married lives way too much. I feel so sad that I've become reduced to this, but I really want some inspiration or help. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment