Saturday, November 5, 2011

Puffy face and stoke?

I can only answer about personality change in your friend. Being a multiple stroke survivor myself, I was told the same by many people. I did not see it, but I guess it was true. Having a potential to die is a life changing experience. Stroke recovery can be difficult work as the brain has to reprogram and unless you have experienced this there is no way of relating. It's exhausting. I have a disease that has caused my strokes . I take a lot of medications and have had to change alot of things in my life. I am the same person that I always was, but a lot slower and more easily confused and distracted. I do not want pity and do not like asking for help, because I was never that sort to begin with. I do not turn help away when offered though. I have left some long term friendships because of these events and people just not getting it. Be patient with your friend and don't expect them to not be changed. They are still inside the same as they were, but maybe having some struggles that were not there in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment